Spring cleaning can feel like an overwhelming task when you stand in the middle of your room and see all the work that needs to be done. The best way to make the job easier is to have a game plan! Take it step by step, checking off each task as you complete it. We’re here to help you! We’ve compiled a list of cleaning products to have on hand and steps to take to get this job done in one day so you can relax and enjoy your pristine bedroom that night.
Compile Your Cleaning Products:
- Vacuum cleaner with attachments
- Cleaning rags
- Hot, soapy water
- Eco-friendly glass cleaner
- Baking Soda
Get to Work!
- Tidy Up
Do what you would usually do when you’re tidying up your room but skip making your bed. Get rid of what doesn’t belong in the bedroom including: trash, items you want to donate, and things that belong in another room.
- Start the Laundry
Remove any fabrics from the bedroom that needs to be washed: bedding, clothing, curtains, small rugs, etc. Be sure to check out our blog post on caring for your Simply Organic Bamboo sheets before throwing them into the washing machine with everything else.
- Wash the Walls
Dust loves to coat your walls, ceiling fans, and all the nooks and crannies in your windows.
- Start by cleaning away any cobwebs up high and cleaning the blades of your ceiling fan or hanging light fixtures.
- Use the soapy water and wash the walls, windows, doors, light switches, and wall hangings from top to bottom.
- Clean window glass, mirrors, and picture frames with glass cleaner.
- Clean Surfaces and Storage
- Use your damp rag to dust all your hard surfaces, furniture, and lamps. Make sure you start from the highest places to the shortest so falling dust doesn’t end up on a just-cleaned spot.
- Use vacuum attachments to clean your fabric furniture and especially your mattress. Flip or rotate your mattress when you are finished, vacuuming again if you flip it.
- Clean Floors
- Remove rugs to another room to vacuum or take outside to beat.
- Vacuum under the furniture and in air vents with attachments.
- Carpets- Sprinkle baking soda on the carpets and let them sit while you clean baseboards with a damp, soapy rag. Finish by vacuuming the carpets twice in perpendicular directions.
- Hardwoods- Vacuum or broom sweep and mop the floors including your baseboards.
- Finish Up
- Make your bed with your second set of Simply Organic Bamboo sheets and your comforter.
- Return your area rugs and window coverings.
- Go relax; your job here is done!
Spring cleaning is a daunting undertaking until you separate it into steps and focus on one task at a time. Before you know it, you’ll be looking around at a spotless room that smells amazing and looks inviting. Get your aromatherapy going and crawl into your fresh Simply Organic Bamboo sheets for a guaranteed great night’s sleep.